The ultimate aim of every serious business person is to build a company that has value, so that it can be sold or transferred, allowing the entrepreneur to exit gracefully and profitably.
Recently, we have been helping a number of our entrepreneur clients develop successful, tax efficient exit strategies.
There are many issues to consider:
- When do you want to retire?
- Can the business be sold to your employees? (To visit our section on Employee Ownership CLICK HERE)
- Is a trade sale more likely?
- Are there children involved?
- How much is the business worth?
- What needs to be done to enhance the value of the business?
- How long will it take?
- Do you want/need to stay on after sale or transfer?
- What are the tax consequences?
We have a tried and tested methodology to address these issues and to help you prepare your business for sale, find potential buyers and help you negotiate to get the maximum price a buyer feels your business is worth.
If you would like to discuss your personal exit plans we would be happy to do so with you – please call us on 01384 376 964.
Folkes Worton LLP Chartered Accountants
Accounting for the Future